1983-present

In 1998 the club introduced puppy classes. This was for puppies between 4-6 months, who were fully vaccinated. Towards the end of 1999, the club organised an evening at the Post House Hotel, Chatham to celebrate its 40 years. Two speakers were invited and photographs involving all aspects of the club from the previous 40 years were displayed. The club..Read More

1981-1982

The club was on the move again in August 1981 to the Irish Club, Manor Street, Gillingham. It was not a very suitable venue because it was 2 small halls on different levels, upstairs and downstairs, so the club felt split. We had stayed as long as we could at the Aurora, in the end with lots of building work..Read More

1970-1980

The club’s first talk in took place in January 1970. Again these were held on a regular basis. Unfortunately the Casino rooms, Rochester were opened by the Council on a four year lease, they were then building a new leisure centre in Chatham and the dogs were not invited, so therefore the club was on the move again, this time..Read More

1966-1969

A dinner and dance was held on 9th December 1966 at the Veglio’s Motel, Maidstone. It was a five course dinner with a speaker afterwards – Mr Leonard Pearce – who later went onto a top job with the Kennel Club. On the 15th May 1967, the club had increased members to require two nights at the church hall and..Read More

1959-1965

The club was formed in March 1959. Meetings were held fortnightly in a garden in Strood, classes were 2/6d per dog. The first progress competition was held on 10th November 1959 and a small silver cup was purchased. February 1960 there were enough members to split the classes into Beginners or Advanced. Classes were then alternate weeks. Annual membership was..Read More